Scott I. Palumbo
Born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, Attorney Scott I. Palumbo helped to
co-found Palumbo Wolfe & Palumbo with his father and long-time friend
Elliot Wolfe. Mr. Palumbo attended the University of Notre Dame, where
he obtained his undergraduate degree and was a letterman on the varsity
football team. From there, he enrolled in the Arizona State University
Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law where he obtained his law degree.
Since becoming a practicing lawyer, he has dedicated himself to defending
the rights of those who have been victimized by
personal injury accidents and those who have lost loved ones to
Mr. Palumbo is proud to have received a AV® peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell®
– the highest rating for exceptional legal ability and high ethical
standards. Super Lawyers® has selected Mr. Palumbo for inclusion in
its 2013 - 2017 Super Lawyers lists, after naming him one of the Southwest
Rising Stars® in 2012. Super Lawyers® has also recognized Mr.
Palumbo as one of the "Top 50 Arizona Super Lawyers" for 2014,
2015, 2016 and 2017, which makes him the youngest Arizona attorney ever
to receive that recognition. He has also been honored by AZ Business Magazine
as one of the “Top 100 Arizona Lawyers” for 2015 and 2016.
Mr. Palumbo was chosen for inclusion in
The Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of Plaintiffs Medical Malpractice Law and Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation. The National Trial Lawyers Association has
also named Mr. Palumbo as one of the "Top 100 Trial Attorneys"
throughout Arizona since 2009.
Beyond that, he maintains a membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates
Forum – an organization that maintains membership exclusively for
those lawyers who have recovered settlements or verdicts in excess of
$2 million dollars. Mr. Palumbo also maintains a "Superb" rating
of 10/10 on AVVO.com.
Mr. Palumbo is proud to be an Adjunct Professor of Law at his alma mater,
Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University
Mr. Palumbo currently lives in Phoenix, AZ with his wife Emily and their
two wonderful children.
If you have further questions or if you would like to discuss your potential
case, you should not hesitate to pick up the phone and contact Palumbo
Wolfe & Palumbo as soon as possible. We know how daunting it can be
to file a claim or pursue a lawsuit and we are dedicated to ensuring our
clients get the high-quality assistance they deserve.
Areas of Practice:
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
Arizona State University, College of Law, Tempe, Arizona
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
Honors and Awards:
"AV" Peer Review Rated -
Martindale-Hubbell, Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Litigation
Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2008-present
“Top 50” Arizona Super Lawyer -
Super Lawyers, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
Southwest Super Lawyer -
Super Lawyers, 2013-present
Southwest Rising Star -
Super Lawyers, 2012
Top 100 Arizona Trial Attorney -
The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2009-present
Top 40 Under 40 -
The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2012-2014
Rated 10/10 "Superb" -
Top 100 Arizona Lawyers –
AZ Business Magazine, 2015, 2016
Arizona's Finest Lawyers - 2014
Local Litigation Star -
Benchmark Litigation, 2013
- Best Lawyers in America, 2016, 2017
*Representative Cases Handled By Mr. Palumbo Since
- $7,850,000 recovery for the family of a man killed by a defective vehicle.
- $7,000,000 jury verdict on behalf of a motorcyclist injured by a driver
who pulled from a private drive into the path of the plaintiff's motorcycle.
- $5,750,000 recovery in a nursing malpractice case.
- $3,400,000 settlement for the family of a man who died as a result of orthopedic
- $3,400,000 resolution on behalf of a repairman who was severely burned
on the job.
- $2,370,000 recovery for a couple injured as a result of a defectively designed
- $2,250,000 recovery for the death of a father killed by a negligent driver
- $2,100,000 recovery for injuries sustained by a motorcycle rider hit by
- $1,700,000 recovery for man hit by a pick-up truck
- $1,700,000 settlement for automobile crash caused by drunk driver
- $1,500,000 recovery for family whose mother was killed in car collision
- $1,300,000 settlement on behalf of the family of a man killed on a construction site.
- $1,160,000 recovery for the family of a wife and mother who died as a result
of medical negligence.
- $1,115,000 settlement on behalf of a gentleman injured by a driver who
pulled her vehicle into the path of the plaintiff's truck.
- $1,025,000 recovery on behalf of a truck driver injured when a loading
dock gate toppled on top of him.
- $990,633 jury verdict on behalf of a young woman injured in a car crash.
- $940,000 recovery on behalf of a woman injured in a Ranger ATV rollover crash.
$925,000 resolution on behalf of a gentleman injured in a
private airplane crash after the pilot failed to follow proper landing procedures.
- Other Arizona Liens, Arizona Personal Injury Lien Law and Practice, Ch. 5, 2006
- Balance Billing = HIPAA Violation, Advocate, July 2004
- Health Privacy and Ethics, Arizona Trial Lawyers Seminar 2005
- Settling the Case - Mediation Techniques and Skills, Arizona Trial Lawyers
- Advanced Trial Advocacy Conference 2006
- Everything You Need to Know About Affidavits of Merit, Arizona Trial Lawyers
- Medical Malpractice Seminar
- Collateral Sources - What Qualifies and How to Handle Them at Trial, Arizona
Trial Lawyers - Medical Malpractice Seminar 2008
- Battling the Hospital: The Pros and Cons of Litigation, Arizona Trial Lawyers
Association - Liens Seminar 2009
- Ethical Considerations in Liens, Arizona Trial Lawyers - Ethics Seminar, 2009
- Mining the Internet: Using Social Network Sites to Your Client's Advantage,
Arizona Trial Lawyers, 2010, 2011
- Trial Masters- A Look Inside the Value Options Case, Voir Dire, Arizona
Trial Lawyers, 2011
- Personal Injury Fundamentals, Maricopa County Bar Association, 2011
- Balance Billing: Who Would Have Thought This Would Be the Easy Part of
the Seminar?, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association - Liens Seminar, 2012
- E-Ethics: Ethical Issues Facing Plaintiff Attorneys In the Electronic Age,
Arizona Trial Lawyers Association Ethics Seminar, 2013; State Bar of Arizona 2013
- Legal Pads to iPads, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association Seminar, 2014
- Multiple Plaintiffs in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases: Plaintiff
and Defense Perspectives, State Bar of Arizona CLE, 2014
- Tips, Tactics & Tools for Trial Lawyers, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- Personal Injury Fundamentals, "Pre-Litigation: Setting Client Expectations,"
Maricopa County Bar Association, 2015
- Next Generation Visual Evidence Using Tablet Computers and Apps, State
Bar of Arizona, 2015
- Personal Injury Liens 101, Maricopa County Bar Association, 2016
- Auto Injuries: Advanced Plaintiff Strategies, National Business Institute, 2016
- Advanced Liability, Causation and Damage Issues in Motor Vehicle Crash
Cases – Plaintiff and Defense Perspectives, State Bar of Arizona 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships:
State Bar of Arizona
Trial Practice Section Executive Board Member
- Adjunct Professor, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State
- American Association for Justice
Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
Member, Board of Directors
University of Notre Dame National Monogram Club
National Football League Players Association, 2002 - 2003
Certified Contract Advisor
Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law Alumni Association
Member, Board of Directors
Superior Court of Arizona, 2009 - Present
Judge Pro Tempore
Arizona Supreme Court Attorney Discipline Unit
Hearing Panel Judge / Settlement Officer
- Brain Injury Association of Arizona, Advisory Board Member
*These results are not typical and should not create an expectation of
View Scott's legal profile on
Lawyer Central and