SAFETY TIPS FOR CYCLISTS
TRUSTED BICYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
We represent injured bicycle accident victims and the surviving family members of those who have died in bicycle accidents. Because most cases involve motorists, we have observed a pattern of negligent driving behaviors consistent with these at-fault drivers. In an effort to keep bicyclists safe and help educate parents so they can teach their children to be safe while riding, we have developed a list of safety tips for cyclists.
We encourage you to continue reading, and if you are searching for legal representation in your bicycle accident case, please contact our Phoenix personal injury attorneys. Ranked as one of the best law firms byU.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers, you can be sure that you are in good hands with Palumbo Wolfe & Palumbo!
BIKE SAFETY IN ARIZONA
Under Arizona’s state laws, cyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as motorists. This means that a cyclists may occupy any part of a lane where it is safety warranted, however, no cyclists should ever compromise their safety for the convenience of a motorist.
According to the Arizona Governor’s Office (GOHS), in 2013, there were 2,039 bicycle accidents which resulted in 1,679 injuries and 30 deaths for cyclists in Arizona. While not all bicycle accidents can be prevented, cyclists should follow these safety tips in order to reduce their risk of being involved in an injurious collision with a motorist:
- Before riding, inspect your bicycle
- Make sure tires are properly inflated before hitting the road
- Wear a bicycle helmet every time you ride
- Wear bright colored clothing when riding during the day
- Obey all traffic signs, signals, and traffic laws
- Always signal when you are turning
- Stay alert and ride defensively at all times
- Watch for potholes, wet leaves, cracks etc.
- When turning, always look behind you
- Ride away from the curb so you don’t collide with parked cars
- Stay away from the curb so you aren’t hit by car doors
It is best not to ride at night as it is very dangerous, but if you do ride at night wear reflective clothing, have reflectors on the front and rear of your bike, and use a light (which is required).
CALL OUR “NO RECOVERY, NO FEE” LAW FIRM
If have been injured in a bicycle accident, we urge you to contact a skilled Phoenix bicycle accident lawyer from Palumbo Wolfe & Palumbo to schedule a free consultation. As a ” no recovery, no fee” law firm, you have absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by reaching out to us for help.
To find out how we can help you, contact our office without delay!