SCOTT I. PALUMBO
Born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona, Attorney Scott I. Palumbo helped to co-found Palumbo Wolfe & Palumbo with his father and long-time friend Elliot Wolfe. Mr. Palumbo attended the University of Notre Dame, where he obtained his undergraduate degree and was a letterman on the varsity football team. From there, he enrolled in the Arizona State University Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law where he obtained his law degree. Since becoming a practicing lawyer, he has dedicated himself to defending the rights of those who have been victimized by personal injury accidents and those who have lost loved ones to wrongful death.
Mr. Palumbo is proud to have received a AV® peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell® – the highest rating for exceptional legal ability and high ethical standards. Super Lawyers® has selected Mr. Palumbo for inclusion in its 2013 - 2018 Super Lawyers lists. Super Lawyers® has also recognized Mr. Palumbo as one of the "Top 50 Arizona Super Lawyers" for 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, which makes him the youngest Arizona attorney ever to receive that recognition. He has also been repeatedly honored by AZ Business Magazine as one of the “Top 100 Arizona Lawyers.” Mr. Palumbo has been chosen for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of Plaintiffs Medical Malpractice Law and Plaintiffs Personal Injury Litigation. The National Trial Lawyers Association has also named Mr. Palumbo as one of the "Top 100 Trial Attorneys" throughout Arizona since 2009.
Beyond that, he maintains a membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – an organization that maintains membership exclusively for those lawyers who have recovered settlements or verdicts in excess of $2 million dollars. Mr. Palumbo also maintains a "Superb" rating of 10/10 on AVVO.com.
Mr. Palumbo is honored to be an Adjunct Professor of Law at his alma mater, Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, Arizona State University
Mr. Palumbo currently lives in Phoenix, AZ with his wife Emily and their two wonderful children.
If you have further questions or if you would like to discuss your potential case, you should not hesitate to pick up the phone and contact Palumbo Wolfe & Palumbo as soon as possible. We know how daunting it can be to file a claim or pursue a lawsuit and we are dedicated to ensuring our clients get the high-quality assistance they deserve.
Areas of Practice:
- Plaintiffs' Wrongful Death
- Plaintiffs' Serious Personal Injury
- Plaintiffs' Medical Malpractice
- Plaintiffs' Product Liability
- Plaintiffs' Traumatic Brain Injury
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- Arizona State University, College of Law, Tempe, Arizona
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
Honors and Awards:
- Best Lawyers in America, 2016 - present
- "AV" Peer Review Rated - Martindale-Hubbell, Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Litigation
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2008 - present
- “Top 50” Arizona Super Lawyer - Super Lawyers, 2014 - present
- Southwest Super Lawyer - Super Lawyers, 2013 - present
- Southwest Rising Star - Super Lawyers, 2012
- Top 100 Arizona Trial Attorney - The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2009 - present
- Top 40 Under 40 - The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2012-2014
- Rated 10/10 "Superb" - AVVO.com, 2010 - present
- Top 100 Arizona Lawyers – AZ Business Magazine
- Member, Arizona's Finest Lawyers
- Local Litigation Star - Benchmark Litigation
*Representative Cases Handled By Mr. Palumbo Since 2007:
- $7,850,000 recovery for the family of a man killed by a defective vehicle.
- $7,000,000 jury verdict on behalf of a motorcyclist injured by a driver who pulled from a private drive into the path of the plaintiff's motorcycle.
- $6,000,000 resolution in a strict product and premises liability case.
- $5,750,000 recovery in a nursing malpractice case.
- $3,400,000 settlement for the family of a man who died as a result of orthopedic medical negligence.
- $3,400,000 resolution on behalf of a repairman who was severely burned on the job.
- $2,370,000 recovery for a couple injured as a result of a defectively designed freeway intersection.
- $2,250,000 recovery for the death of a father killed by a negligent driver.
- $2,100,000 recovery for injuries sustained by a motorcycle rider hit by an automobile.
- $2,000,000 resolution for a family whose husband/father was killed in a hospital.
- $1,700,000 recovery for man hit by a pick-up truck.
- $1,700,000 settlement for automobile crash caused by drunk driver.
- $1,500,000 recovery for family whose mother was killed in car collision.
- $1,475,000 recovery for a couple who each sustained permanent injuries after being run over by a USA government boat.
- $1,300,000 settlement on behalf of the family of a man killed on a construction site.
- $1,160,000 recovery for the family of a wife and mother who died as a result of medical negligence.
- $1,115,000 settlement on behalf of a gentleman injured by a driver who pulled her vehicle into the path of the plaintiff's truck.
- $1,055,000 settlement for couple injured by a tractor trailer on the Interstate.
- $1,025,000 recovery on behalf of a truck driver injured when a loading dock gate toppled on top of him.
- $990,633 jury verdict on behalf of a young woman injured in a car crash.
- $940,000 recovery on behalf of a woman injured in a Ranger ATV rollover crash.
- $925,000 resolution on behalf of a gentleman injured in a private airplane crash after the pilot failed to follow proper landing procedures.
- Getting Back to Basics: Tort Law 101, Advocate, September 2017
- Other Arizona Liens, Arizona Personal Injury Lien Law and Practice, Ch. 5, 2006
- Balance Billing = HIPAA Violation, Advocate, July 2004
- Health Privacy and Ethics, Arizona Trial Lawyers Seminar 2005
- Settling the Case - Mediation Techniques and Skills, Arizona Trial Lawyers - Advanced Trial Advocacy Conference 2006
- Everything You Need to Know About Affidavits of Merit, Arizona Trial Lawyers - Medical Malpractice Seminar
- Collateral Sources - What Qualifies and How to Handle Them at Trial, Arizona Trial Lawyers - Medical Malpractice Seminar 2008
- Battling the Hospital: The Pros and Cons of Litigation, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association - Liens Seminar 2009
- Ethical Considerations in Liens, Arizona Trial Lawyers - Ethics Seminar, 2009
- Mining the Internet: Using Social Network Sites to Your Client's Advantage, Arizona Trial Lawyers, 2010, 2011
- Trial Masters- A Look Inside the Value Options Case, Voir Dire, Arizona Trial Lawyers, 2011
- Personal Injury Fundamentals, Maricopa County Bar Association, 2011
- Balance Billing: Who Would Have Thought This Would Be the Easy Part of the Seminar?, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association - Liens Seminar, 2012
- E-Ethics: Ethical Issues Facing Plaintiff Attorneys In the Electronic Age, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association Ethics Seminar, 2013; State Bar of Arizona 2013
- Legal Pads to iPads, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association Seminar, 2014
- Multiple Plaintiffs in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases: Plaintiff and Defense Perspectives, State Bar of Arizona CLE, 2014
- Tips, Tactics & Tools for Trial Lawyers, Arizona Trial Lawyers Association Seminar, 2014
- Personal Injury Fundamentals, "Pre-Litigation: Setting Client Expectations," Maricopa County Bar Association, 2015
- Next Generation Visual Evidence Using Tablet Computers and Apps, State Bar of Arizona, 2015
- Personal Injury Liens 101, Maricopa County Bar Association, 2016
- Auto Injuries: Advanced Plaintiff Strategies, National Business Institute, 2016
- Advanced Liability, Causation and Damage Issues in Motor Vehicle Crash Cases – Plaintiff and Defense Perspectives, State Bar of Arizona 2017
- As Judges See It: Best (and Worst) Practices in Civil Litigation, National Business Institute, 2017
- How Not to Get Sued, Mayo Clinic School of Medicine Selective, 2017
- Medical Malpractice Case Evaluation: Perspective of a Plaintiff's Attorney, Mayo Clinic School of Medicine Selective, 2017
- Medical Malpractice Litigation, Arizona State University Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Fall 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Arizona
Former Chair, Trial Practice Section Executive Board
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University
- American Association for Justice
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association / Arizona Association For Justice
Member, Board of Directors
- University of Notre Dame National Monogram Club
- National Football League Players Association, 2002 - 2003
Certified Contract Advisor
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law Alumni Association
Former Member, Board of Directors
- Superior Court of Arizona, 2009 - 2017
Judge Pro Tempore
- Arizona Supreme Court Attorney Discipline Unit
Hearing Panel Judge / Settlement Officer
- Brain Injury Association of Arizona, Former Advisory Board Member
*These results are not typical and should not create an expectation of future results.