ANTHONY J. PALUMBO
Attorney Anthony Palumbo was born and raised in the New Jersey area. He was proud to attend the Fairfield (Conn.) University, where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting in 1968. Following this, he served the U.S. Army with honors in Vietnam before returning to attend the University of Notre Dame Law School. In 1973, he graduated there cum laude with his law degree in hand. During his time there, he was invited to the Law Review and was even honored by being able to serve as Student Body President.
Upon graduation, Tony was admitted to the Arizona bar and began his law practice by working with Jennings, Strouss and Salmon. In 1977, he switched his primary focus to helping those who have been wrongfully injured and who have suffered from thenegligence or sheer carelessness of another – a dedication he hasn't lost since. In fact, in 1981 he formed the law firm of Harris and Palumbo to better serve that goal. After 25 years, he left that firm to pursue a life-time dream – to open up a firm with his very own son, Scott, and a best friend, Elliot Wolfe.
That firm was Palumbo Wolfe & Palumbo.
Throughout his legal career, Tony has proven to be an effective and dedicated advocate for the rights of his clients. In 2010, he was recognized for his work by being selected for inclusion in the Southwest Super Lawyers. He was then named the "Phoenix Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year" in 2011 and 2012 by Best Lawyers. He is currently a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers (FACTL), as well as a charter specialist certified by the Arizona State Bar in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation.
Tony is also proud to maintain membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum. This is something that is reserved for those who have recovered over a million dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of their clients. Beyond that, Tony has served as an active member in the State Bar Civil Practice and Procedure and Civil Jury Instruction committees, as well as on the Board of Directories for AZTLA. When he is not practicing law, he has been proud to lecture throughout the state of Arizona on the law.
Currently, Tony lives in Phoenix, Arizona with his lovely wife Anna Marie. He remains active in several different professional, civil and youth organizations. If you are interested in discussing your potential claim with him, you should not hesitate to pick up the phone and contact him as soon as possible. With years of experience, he knows what is at stake and will do everything he reasonably can to protect your rights.
Areas of Practice:
- Plaintiffs' Medical Malpractice
- Plaintiffs' Serious Personal Injury
Certified Specialist, Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation, Arizona Board of Legal Specialization
- Arizona, 1973
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 1973
- Notre Dame Law School, Notre Dame, Indiana, 1973
Honors: Cum Laude
- Fairfield University, 1968
Honors and Awards:
- Top 50 Lawyers in Arizona, Southwest Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2016
- Named Best Lawyers’ 2011 and 2012 Phoenix Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs Lawyer of the Year.
- Listed in Southwest Super Lawyers, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Listed in Who's Who in American Law, 1977, 1988
- Fellow, International Society of Barristers
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member, Arizona's Finest Lawyers
- Benchmark Litigation - Litigation Star, United States, and Local Litigation Star, Arizona - Plaintiff Wrongful Death, Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice, 2013
- Arizona's Finest Lawyers - 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyers Program, Attorney of the Year (1993)
American Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona, 1977 - 1989
Member, Practice and Procedure Committee
- State Bar of Arizona, 1999 - 2003
Member, Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Certification Commission
- American Association for Justice
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, 1984 - 1987
Member, Board of Directors
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, 1986
Member, Executive Committee
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, 1986
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Superior Court of Arizona, 1982 - Present
Judge Pro Tem
- Fairfield University, 1992 - 2003
Trustee, Advisory Council
- Arizona College of Trial Advocacy, 1988 - Present
- Arizona Court of Appeals, Judge Pro Tem
1985, 1986, 1992 & 1993
Pro Bono Activities:
- Boys Hope/Girls Hope of Arizona, Member Executive Committee, Board of Directors, 1995 - Present
- Boys Hope/Girls Hope of Arizona, Chair, 2000 - 2003